Frequently Asked Questions
I installed Spellex Dictation, what do I do next?
Last Updated a year ago
Once the Spellex vocabulary file has been copied to your local hard drive, you must import it to your speech recognition software. Please follow the steps below.
- Please make sure your audio device (microphone) is connected to your computer.
- Use your speech recognition program's Import Word List feature to add the Spellex vocabulary file to your master vocabulary list.
- Open your Speech Recognition Professional or Premium program.
- From the Main Menu, click on "Vocabulary" and then "Import list of Words or phrases…".
- The "Add word from word lists" window will appear, select "Next".
- Select "Add File" and browse to the following folder:
"C:\Program Files\Spellex\Spellex Dictation"
NOTE: For 64-bit machines browse to the following folder:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Spellex\Spellex Dictation"
- Select the appropriate Spellex file, for example "SpxMedLE.txt", and click "Open".
- Select Next to begin the import process. This process may take a several minutes depending on your configuration.
- When file analysis is completed select Next.
- Spellex has now been added to your profile. Select "Finish" to close the window.